Lazada-Data Analytics Specialist -Lazada eLogistics
Educational Requirement: Bachelor
Team introductionLaunched in 2012, Lazada Group has grown rapidly to include over 4.900 full-time employees in the region, with eCommerce operations in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and a sourcing center in China that drives cross-border marketplace activities, Lazada helps more than 80,000 local and international sellers as well as 2,500 brands serve the 560 million consumers in the region through its marketplace platform, supported by a wide range of tailored marketing, data, and service solutions. Lazada offers an excellent customer experience through a wide network of logistics partners and its own first- and last-mile delivery arm.
Revolutionizing the way customers shop in Southeast Asia and perform online transactions across the region, Lazada has reached an online footprint of approximately 6 million unique daily visits to its websites, and the largest Facebook community in Southeast Asia with over 16.5 million fans.
Lazada Group owns the biggest and the most efficient technology driven logistics and fulfilment ecosystem in the region – Lazada eLogistics. With 11 own warehouses, 5 sorting centers, 78 last-mile hubs we are ensuring 48 hours delivery of more than 6 million orders every month. Our warehouses cover more than 115 thousands of square miles and it takes less than 2 hours to process every order even during massive sales campaigns. Having our own cross-border operator helps us connect more than 100 million of customers and businesses from all over Asia. Our transportation is driven by our own Lazada Express delivery fleet which, together with more than 80 third-party logistics, guarantees high quality 48 hours delivery. All of that would be impossible without sophisticated IT systems, which are being developed and expanded in-house by one of the most experienced and agile tech teams in Southeast Asia!
Job descriptionAs a Data Analytics Specialist in regional data team, you'll be working in a team of data analysts who help improve and drive LEL business by identifying key insights from data.
You will be dealing with massive data sets for supply chain & logistics related to 11 different countries serving almost 1 billion customer base!
Does building next generation analytics solutions to re-invent logistics get you excited? If yes, then we would like to speak with you.
Your daily duties will:
● Provide insights using data to help management to optimize the operations decisions
● Model data from a predictive or prescriptive analytics view
● Contribute to the overall strategies, roadmaps and business cases for analytics solutions
● Communicate and engage with stakeholders across different levels
● Engage with business users (Supply Chain, Finance, Transport, Fulfilment) to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis and effectively manage the relationship
● Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations
● Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs
● Predict forecasts for complex supply chain problems to optimise planning and cost
● Be aware of proper BI best practices are upheld when fulfilling project
● Know Agile - Scrum project management experience/knowledge is a plus
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, Business Analytics or Business Information Systems
• Experience using visual analytic tools (e.g. Qlik, Tableau) and big data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
• Strong SQL skills in traditional databases (e.g. Postgres) and Hadoop platform (eg. HiveQL)
• Experience in working with R, Python coding skills
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages and machine learning models for analysing datasets (SPSS, SAS, R, Python)
• Highly energetic, independent & ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
• 2/3 years of relevant work experience in data analytics, with knowledge of marketplace operations, logistics, transportation, supply chain or last-mile delivery preferably
• Good knowledge and understanding of logistics industry and practices, working experience in a well-established 3PL or e-commerce company is a plus
• Dual language proficiency in Mandarin & English (Speaking and Writing skills) is a strong plus.
• Demonstrated ability to learn fast, handle multiple tasks, prioritize objectives to meet deadlines.