The Vertical Experience team falls under the larger Lazada tech hub in Singapore. The team is responsible for offering the best shopping experience for our customers to find relevant items and checkout easily. We manage the RedMart web channel, our mobile channels and supporting APIs, as well as work closely with search technologies, checkout and payments, recommendation services and more, to ensure the overall e-commerce system can scale to support our growth and high traffic and deliver a great customer experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering the best customer experience for the channel by implementing robust backend systems. This includes design and implement robust technical solutions with good engineering. You will have ownership of a product that has thousands of daily active users. The ideal candidate is an expert in backend programming with experience in web and other mobile technologies, with strong opinions on backend APIs, user experience & scalable component driven design.
We are looking for world class engineer and a leader who has a passion to create, is highly ambitious and willing to work hard to achieve great things.
As a Senior Software Engineer You Will
Play a key role in a cross-functional team of talented software engineers and product managers that has full ownership of B2C channels. You’ll need to have superb communication skills and thrive in a collaborative environment and be committed to the success of the team as a whole.
Learn the business and get close to users and customers. While working on backend channel problems, you will need to build close relationships with Product managers from various teams and work closely with engineering teams across the organisation (local and global)
Design, implement and test robust technical solutions that our business and operations can rely on. Write clean code that’s testable, maintainable, solves the right problem and does it well. Code you can be proud of.
Champion engineering excellence. Influence and drive best engineering practices within your team and organization. Mentor more junior engineers, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things done.
Have the opportunity to and be expected to innovate and demonstrate your creativity. Do you have ideas on how to improve the customer experience or effectively use a new technology? Can you find a way to do what others thought impossible?
We are looking out for candidates with:
• 5+ years of experience in building relatively large scale back end solutions.
• Strong experience in Java, Kotlin or any similar language and knowledge of related base frameworks and technologies. Having experience in reactive programing is an added advantage.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in different types of databases (relational, document, key-value etc) and understanding of ETL tools and working with data.
• Strong solution development skills with fundamental knowledge in computer science and software engineering principles.
• Perseverance. Building a great company that customers love is hard work. Many challenges await and we are looking for team members we can count on when things get tough.
• Strong coding and design ability. You write code that's clean and well structured. Your designs are pragmatic, appropriate to the problem at hand, but can also be evolved over time.
• Passion for technology. Our developers are always evaluating new tools and technologies that can make us better. What has attracted your interest lately?
• Added advantage to be knowledgeable in front end technologies and writing software for internet/browser based technologies.