Sortation Manager is responsible in planning, directing and controlling all aspects of Sort operations that provide efficient service to customers and ensures effective operations. Ensure effective handling of operations on a day to day basis ensuring operational compliance and productivity. Requires broad and deep understanding of operations as well as technical expertise of evaluating and analyzing both internal and external customers. Reports directly to Sortation VP.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES • Selects, trains and motivate subordinates to maintain an efficient and effective operation.
• Controls and utilizes manpower through planning, organizing and scheduling to minimize loss of time.
• Monitors daily performance report.
• Monitors compliance of team in Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensures all subordinates are directed in accordance with corporate personnel policies and procedures.
• Provides and recommends process and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Sortation.
• Conducts meeting with subordinates regarding new policies, new system and procedures, upgrades regarding work-related problems, etc.
• Coordinates with other departments on system related procedures and improvements as well as operational concerns.
• Monitors and verifies instructions coming from other departments like Hubs, Customer Service Department, etc.
• Create opportunities for others and be able to create more leaders in the team:
• Empower associates to learn other skills aside from their regular functions.
• Mentor potential leaders
• Ensure that daily tasks are properly delegated to members of the team.
• Implement cost saving measures within Sortation.
• Performs and /or implements quality system and other audit related activities.
• Performs audit at Sortation Area, if needed.
• Responsible in recommending investigation on problems encountered by his/her associates as well as sanctions for Major offenses for proven violation in coordination with HR policy.
• Meets with other Sort Managers for any changes and improvements that affect day to day operations
• Ensures that safety and security procedures is being followed by the team.
• Responsible for upholding 5S and keeping the area clean and conducive for working.
ADDITIONAL ASSIGNED SPECIAL DUTIES:
• Conducts training to associates when necessary.
• Drives the Lazada Values, operate and put all these values to work each day.
Graduate of any 4-year Course
Must have background or experience in Operation and or in any related field including 10 years management experience
Well oriented in Operations
Knowledgeable and analytical in terms of operations
Strong planning, organizing, human relations and communication skills
Can handle associates properly
Good computer skills. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
Healthy and physically active
Great attention to detail
Willing to be assigned in graveyard shift
Willing to be assigned in San Pedro, Laguna