We are seeking a Business Intelligence and Data Analytics candidate to mine, analyze and visualize data to drive operations and decision making across the entire scope of Lazada’s regional Content & Catalogue function. The team leverages human and technology resources to improve the structure and quality of our assortment catalog and content in order to provide a seamless buying and selling experience on our platform. Core products within this function include Product Listing and Product Content.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate proficient SQL skills; foundation and application of statistical concepts using statistical packages for analyzing datasets; and a strong ability to understand technical/business domains; and analytical and communication skills to independently deliver data insights in a fast-moving environment.
1. Comfortable with using SQL regularly and querying large data volumes efficiently.
2. Perform ad-hoc analysis to understand business cases and challenges, providing insights and uncover seller opportunities to drive seller growth.
3. Use statistical modelling packages such as those in R, including use of predictive or machine learning algorithms to analyze the correlations / causal effects of seller’s action on their assortments vs. assortment performance
4. Build and maintain dashboards for daily monitoring, and new product launches, and interpretation of seller performance.
5. Liaise with the business team to translate business data requirements into tracking metrics or analysis designs, and with data engineers / data product team to design tables to provide the relevant data required, and pulling data for usage.
• Bachelor’s/Master Degree, preferably in a technical field with experience in programming and/or statistical analysis
• Minimum 3-year working experience in providing business insight through data analysis, KPI tracking, ability to unlock opportunities from mass data.
• Expert-level SQL & Excel skills • Demonstrated foundation and application of statistical concepts, hypothesis testing, and/or probability using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (e.g. R, Python)
• Familiar with dashboarding tools like Tableau, Power BI, or QlikView
• Strong analytical abilities and business sense, with attention to detail • Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Ecommerce experience is a plus