The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for the preparation of reporting deliverables relating to the consolidated financial statements of Lazada Group SA and its subsidiaries in US GAAP. This role is also to work closely with local finance to provide accounting support. This role reports to the VP, Financial Reporting at Group and Head of Finance at local subsidiaries.
• Prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, as well as other reporting deliverables to shareholders.
• Meet information needs for the business and provide financial information to management and shareholders
• Prepare analytics on monthly consolidated financial statements to detect errors and compliance with GAAP.
• Provide guidance to venture finance on the production of useful trend and proportion analysis on their financial statements using financial data and operational metrics to facilitate preparation of group analytics
• Review monthly financial statements submitted by local finance to ensure their accuracy.
• Assist with dealing with complex accounting issues and meeting reporting requirements
• Assist in preparation of technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
• Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to local finance and provide coaching and guidance as necessary.
• Manage communications with external auditors on financial statements and accounting issues to ensure agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures and issues.
Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
• Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
• Assist in the creation of policy and procedure manual to establish rule to mitigate risk of errors
• Participate in other projects as required
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
•CPA or Chartered Accountant with 6-8 years accounting experience preferred, mix private and big •4 public accounting experience (with heavy exposure to financial reporting and consolidation) at Managerial level or higher.
•Knowledge of US GAAP is an added advantage.
•Detail oriented with excellent communication (written and verbal) and organization skills.
•Able to work in travel extensively in the region
•Able to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate flexibility as priorities change.
•Ability to work within tight timeframes