At the Veritcal Experience Team, iOS Engineers, Android Engineers and frontend/backend engineers work closely together in a small team to deliver a consistent and cross-platform experience to users. They get involved in projects early to really understand the business goals and contribute to UI/UX design process. They do not stop at meeting business objectives but always improving the product to delight customers. In addition to our consumer apps, we build custom IOS applications for our warehouse workers and delivery drivers.
Some things to know before you apply:
• We have big plans to disrupt the traditional retail market
• Everything we do is focused on empowering our customers
• We work really hard
• We have a lot of fun!
The Vertical Experience team is responsible for offering the best shopping experience for our customers to find relevant items and checkout easily. We manage redmart.com, our mobile channels and supporting APIs, as well as cover search technologies, checkout and payments, recommendation services and more, to ensure the overall e-commerce system can scale to support our growth and high traffic and deliver a great customer experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering the best customer experience in the IOS app, including design, robust technical solution implementation, testing, and documentation. You will have ownership of a product that has thousands of daily active users. The ideal candidate is an expert in IOS programming with experience in iOS and other mobile technologies, with strong opinions on backend APIs, user experience & scalable component driven design.
We are looking for world class engineer and a leader who has a passion to create, is highly ambitious and willing to work hard to achieve great things.
As a Senior IOS Engineer you will:
• Work as part of a small team that has ownership of a product, an important initiative or part of the business. You’ll need to have superb communication skills and thrive in a collaborative environment and be committed to the success of the team as a whole.
• Learn the business and get close to users and customers and build close relationships with the business stakeholders for your domain.
• Design, implement and test robust features on the iOS App. Write clean code that’s testable, maintainable, solves the right problem and does it well. Code you can be proud of.
• Mentor & train junior engineers in the team on adopting right engineering practices.
• Have the opportunity to and be expected to innovate and demonstrate your creativity. Do you have ideas on how to improve the customer shopping experience or effectively use a new technology? Can you find a way to do what others thought impossible?
What do we look for in a candidate?
• 5 years of experience as an iOS engineer; 8+ years of engineering experience
• Experience in iOS and other mobile technologies
• Perseverance. Building a great company that customers love is hard work. Many challenges await and we are looking for team members we can count on when things get tough.
• Impact. We are result-oriented. We value people who focus on the right things and get them done.
• Strong coding and design ability. You write code that's clean and well structured. Your designs are pragmatic, appropriate to the problem at hand, but can also be evolved over time.
• Strong sense of design and user-centric perspective.
• Passion for technology. Our developers are always evaluating new tools and technologies that can make us better. What has attracted your interest lately?
• Use of best practices such as TDD, BDD, continuous integration, continuous deployment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Our Tech Stack:
• React and AngularJs for web apps
• Mobile apps in Java, Weex, Objective-C and Swift
• Microservices written in Java or Scala using Play Framework or Akka.
• MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Graphite for storage.