The Lazada Business Risk & Security organisation is responsible for protecting the eCommerce activities of over 560 million consumers, more than 155,000 sellers, and the 3,000 brands on Lazada’s growing ecosystem. To provide a sustainable and healthy platform for all parties, we’re increasing our investment in business security and significantly expanding our team – this is a chance to be part of and shape the future of a strategic group within Lazada.
As business risk team members, you will have access to our full suite of big data analytical tools and risk decision engines, getting exposure to machine learning and deep learning anti-fraud models. Working across functions within the company, the Anti-Fraud team develops strategies that ensure the integrity of the platform and provide safe eCommerce experience for buyers and sellers.
1. Develop and implement short-term and long-term risk strategies across activities and touchpoints, such as: account registration, seller onboarding, seller communication, shipping, refund and return, and etc.
2. Engage with various business, technology, and security/risk stakeholders to identify and solve risk problems at scale.
3. Leveraging large data sets and analytical tools to develop evidence-based, automated risk strategies, while working closely with algorithm teams and operations teams on the execution of these strategies.
4. Establish, drive and be accountable for key business metrics of the team.
5. Communicate results C-level leadership across ventures and regional teams.
To succeed in the role, you should have:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Math, Statistics, Computer science or related fields
2. At least 2 years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data analytic, Strategy and Operations, Risk Management, Trust and Safety, Policy Development, in eCommerce or Tech industry in general.
3. Data-driven with strong analytical ability to deep dive into data and develop clear insights.
4. Strong project management skills, with experience in collaborating with different business and technical stakeholders.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication. Hands on experience in communicating with senior executives in a local and regional settings.
6. Ability to manage ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
7. Experience with SQL and analytical tools (SAS, R, Python) is a must-have
8. Experience with AI and machine learning is a plus.
9. Singapore citizens preferred.