As a social media veteran responsible for developing and driving Lazada Malaysia’s Social Media strategy, you will be working with different teams from different departments and with external agencies to drive and optimize long-term strategies, planned campaigns, and day-to-day social content. You are a storyteller and a creative visionary who is passionate about social. With deep understanding of the in-and-outs of how social works, you lead the Social team to optimize social content, activations, and campaigns on different social media channels and appeal to different audiences.
Being the lead of the Social and Feed teams, you will show an ability to work in teams as well as individually under tight timelines and are not worried about getting your hands dirty.
• Be the driving force in driving creativity and strategy with a team of enthusiastic social media collaborators. Lead them with passion and empowerment.
• Define, develop and execute social media strategies on a daily basis to reach and engage our target audiences across different social channels and managing day-to-day activities with clear roadmap, plans, and reports.
• Monitor different social channels by identifying opportunities that can create buzz while ensuring that key performance metrics are met (awareness, engagement, follower acquisition, share of voice, spontaneous recall, TOMA).
• Monitor and analyse social media advertising spent, ROI, and cost efficiencies.
• Collaborate and maintain a working relationship with different cross-functional teams and maximise the impact of social on business outcomes and ensure alignment in communications across channels.
• Stay up-to-date on new trends and new ways to engage our consumers through quality content that would resonate across the market.
• Identify social content opportunities that will drive customer and seller value, and build brand equity. Track execution and report up in regular updates, help build business cases around the opportunity.
• Ensure constant growth on all social channels by analyzing the performance of engagement and growth to keep the social platforms and content mix healthy.
• Closely monitor and report on business / commercial performance metrics for Lazada Malaysia’s in-app Feed feature for both sellers and users
• Collaborate with local marketing, livestream, and business development teams to ensure end-to-end implementation of initiatives
• Monitor latest market trends, user feedback and research on the competitive landscape
• Work with all local teams to generate and prioritize new ideas for feature improvement and optimization
• Lead team in ensuring smooth day-to-day operations for all markets and troubleshoot
• 10+ years of experience in social media or digital marketing with at least 7+ years in managerial roles in creative/media agencies, eCommerce, FMCG, or other lifestyle brands
• Hands-on experience with social media marketing strategy, audience and content strategies, content creation, and social media advertising
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Communication, Marketing or allied fields
• Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Malay
• Solid analytical capabilities while never losing focus on details
• Strong stakeholder management skills that motivate deep collaboration between multiple stakeholders and brands across various verticals simultaneously
• Strong leadership skills that inspire exceptional performance from culturally diverse teams while providing mentorship and coaching to junior team members
• Ability to think on your feet with good business acumen
• Display professionalism, adaptability, and resilience
• Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
• A passionate team player who drives results, champions the consumer, and safeguards the Lazada brand
• Experience steering and managing Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, and other social platforms, as well as in-app Feed channel