The Industrial Engineer/Snr Mgr will work with the Senior Manager, Automation alongside Infrastructure, Operations, Commercial and Technology teams in the venture and the region to conceptualize a long-term infrastructure plan for Lazada venture’s Supply Chain Network.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The primary areas of responsibility of this role will be to:
• Be the Subject Matter Expert in Lazada for automation systems
• Contribute meaningfully to Lazada’s tremendous growth by utilizing your Industrial Engineering skills through a practical, hands-on approach.
• Understand the end-to-end supply chain process. Identify the key bottlenecks in the value chain in the medium to long-term and come up with solutions to resolving these bottlenecks.
• Conceptualize the future of Lazada’s logistics infrastructure: Develop & Refine Layouts and optimize costs for the End-to-End Supply Chain Network.
• Be proactive, with an open and inquisitive mind to partner with Lazada’s business units to observe, measure and analyze current processes and explore options to improve the holistic supply chain in the future by analyzing the interplay between the business units.
• Conceptualize automation roadmap for the venture to achieve medium to long-term financial targets. Build cost vs benefit models to make a strong case for the solution you propose.
• Assess warehouse & sortation automation solutions used in the industry and propose right solutions for Lazada.
• Simulate the material and manpower flows in the proposed infrastructure plan from the automation vendors and identify potential risks before and after implementation.
• Provide technical expertise in writing RFP to System Integrators when designing new or upgrading existing Lazada facilities.
• Manage System Integrators / vendors in the designing of automation in Lazada facilities.
• Work with Operations and HR teams to come up with a structured training plan to prepare for the organizational change towards automation.
• Work with the project implementation teams and champion the detailed execution plan, ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget, to specification.
• Be creative and work on challenging new stuff every other day!
What will make you great?
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A driven individual with strong analytical problem solving and math skills.
• Excellent listener with clear, concise communication in both written and spoken English.
• Willingness to take on new challenges with a flexible, let's-give-it-a-try attitude.
• Ready to work outside normal working hours when required.
• Responsible, organized with a good work attitude.
● A Bachelor’s degree (or in the pursuit of one) in one of the following: Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent. Master’s degree would be preferable.
● A beginner to intermediate level of proficiency in the following:
● Office Packages: MS Office with advanced Excel data mining and operations modeling skills.
● Data Analytics: SQL. Knowledge of Excel-VBA is a significant advantage.
● Programming Languages: Knowledge of at least one programming language. Python, Java or VB.Net is preferable.
● CAD: AutoCAD and/or any other 3-dimensional drafting software.
● Statistical Packages: Any. Knowledge of SPSS or Minitab is preferred.
● Project Management: Any, e.g. Prince2 or PMP.