Based in Malaysia, the Head of Branding & Comms serves as a strategic counsel working closely with Senior Management team to develop, lead and drive new ideas and daily brand marketing operations
across all media channels. This role requires strong understanding of branding and marketing to lead delivery of campaigns through media planning, creative development, metrics, market research,
and vendor management.
Head of Branding & Comms possess the core competencies and capabilities to lead a team to take on ownership of initiating as well as building efficient operations in this role.
• Own the campaign calendar and partner closely with both regional and local leadership to drive organization goals via conceptualization of campaigns and key marketing initiatives.
• Lead and develop strategy to grow specific user segments alongside local and regional teams
• Focus on end-to-end campaign management and optimization keeping user journey in mind to drive initiatives to increase awareness, engagement, conversion and retention
• Able to influence, provide inputs and advise senior management team on brand direction, key strategic marketing strategies and challenges based on clear issue framing, structured thinking and rigorous analysis.
• Bridge marketing, business opportunities via a keen grasp of the business goals and clear understanding on the possibilities and limitations
• Influence a high-performance company culture by challenging critical business assumptions, manage and encourage cross-functional collaboration to ensure increase in brand value and health metrics of Lazada
• Provide inspiration and direction to guide the day-to-day activities of the marketing team to ensure branding campaign plan is aligned to the marketing strategy.
• Partner closely with cross-functional teams to create forward thinking and engaging branding content to drive forward to various business goals.
• Own the marketing analysis, reporting and optimization of marketing activities and continually review changes to the market, consumer trends and competitor activities, adjusting the marketing plan if necessary
• Responsible for brand campaign / activation related budget planning and spends actualization.
• Responsible for campaign performance monitoring and reporting – including recommendations for improvement and continuous optimization.
• Good understanding of Malaysia media landscape, always exploring opportunities for innovative collaboration to promote the brand and products with media partners, especially on emerging media.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years of advertising, brand marketing, media planning or related experience with track record of running successful campaigns.
• Strong brand marketing background who is able to develop plans and bring to fruition
• Familiar with emerging trends and developing suitable strategies for the brand.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Malay
• Multitasker but able to work independently and also a good team player, share the company core value and commit to meet the deadlines under time constraints.
• Experience working in a matrix environment with multiple business functions preferred.
• Strong communication skills, with a strong team spirit and can-do attitude.
• Solid analytical skills and resilient with ambition to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
• Agile, able to work independently and thrive well within a team environment.
• Experience working at e-commerce or tech company is a plus point