As a Senior Android Engineer in Lazada eLogistics Tech Team, you'll be part of an extremely motivated and experienced group of people. You'll help drive our logistics architecture and be a key coding contributor. You'll design and deliver new features to enable new components for our mother company and partners, deliver all kinds of operations and logistics solutions for more than 100.000.000 users, you will help our customers to get more than 6.500.000 million orders a month, and drive revenue. Must be experienced in all phases of a development lifecycle and have a great customer focus. May become a mentor for other developers in the future.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Build professional relationships and smooth integration with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features.
- Assist in instituting best coding practices through tools, process, and design decisions.
- Support setting and maintaining professional standards for the mobile development team.
- Profiling and optimizing existing mobile features.
- Assist in the development of our mobile application using Android native and modern stacks.
- Understand and implement the key business and technology drivers that impact. application architectures, such as user requirements, existing application environment and performance requirements.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to the functional and technical assessments of current business and technology architectures.
- Developing and communicating best practices in mobile development.
To succeed in your role, you ideally should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field equivalent.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in Android development.
- Experience with programming languages: Kotlin/Java and Android SDK.
- Application development: Reactive programming with RxJava/RxAndroid/RxKotlin, Dependency management with Dagger2, Android LifeCycle, Clean Architecture, MVP/MVVM, Testing in Android with unit-test/instrumentation test, usage of CI/CD flow in the development.
- A product mindset: we encourage people to continuously look into the product we already have to solve the bottleneck, the performance issue or any existing technical debt that would ultimately generate more values for the product and improve the user experience when using the application.
- A team-wide mindset: It’s never anyone’s problem, we encourage people to contribute to work as a team to resolve any blockers of team overall progress and deliverables.
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about writing clean, well organized and production-ready code.
- Experience working in a fast paced e-commerce/internet organization and dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, approachable, and adaptable and have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal English is a must).