Sortation Senior Manager expected to:
Manage the daily operations of all of the sortation center through supervision of the inbound, sorting, reprocessing and outbound functions of the center
Supervise the managers responsible for each of the four sortation functions
Lead the day-to-day relationships and manage the activities of the 3PL staff and companies that operate in our sort facility.
Ensure that staffing of the sort functions is appropriate and react to daily volume changes and changes in freight profiles.
Oversee the training and development of sortation centre staff through a close working relationship with LEX HR.
Monitor productivity, capacity, and participate actively in the choices to add technology to manual operating procedures.
Balance facility activity and priorities to meet line haul obligations, fine sorting processes, fleet unloading work, scanning and sorting effectiveness for high service levels and accuracy.
Ensure data integrity and timeliness in the updating to package journey, ensure that journey routing decision rules are uniformly and accurately applied.
Make sure that our customer service obligations are constantly met.
[Team / Reporting Lines / Peers]
Supervising Sortation Managers and the role will report to the local Sortation Vice President. The incumbent peer is Line-haul & Shuttle Senior Manager and First Mile Senior Manager.
Role scope includes (but not limited) the following:
▪ Monitoring in Inbound process.
▪ Monitoring in Sorting process.
▪ Monitoring in Outbound process.
▪ Monitoring in Re-processing process.
▪ Maintain and sustain KPI of all processes.
▪ Maintain and sustain tidiness of Sortation facility
Across Lazada, we expect talent embraces values that enables delivering on our ambitious agenda. We will expect the candidate to be
▪ Entrepreneurs & Owners
- Takes initiative, proactively thinks ahead and holds self constantly accountable to drive the result.
- Prefers to try and fail rather than not to try at all.
- Wants to achieve company’s success as if he/she was a founder and owner of the company.
- Puts company’s success ahead of own success.
▪ Customer & Seller Centric
- Puts customers and sellers first.
- Is determined to deliver the best experience for customers and sellers.
- Always looks proactively for areas to improve.
▪ High Standards and Innovation
- Sets stretch goals for self and business.
- Is known for bringing new ideas to the table and always looks at ways to innovate processes or products.
- Will always go for best achievable outcome while taking into account and motivating others.
- Digs deep into content. Understands the relevant details, and how they impact the big picture.
- Drives organization to make structural, impactful improvements.
▪ Humble & Challenging
- Challenges ideas, while always showing respect for others.
- Holds other people accountable, while setting the right example.
- Agrees to disagree and then commits whole-heartedly to the decided approach.
- Demonstrates open-minded thinking.
▪ Communicative & Integrity
- Communicates clearly and listens effectively.
- Works effectively by keeping their stakeholders informed of necessary information and initiatives.
- Clearly practices honesty and respect to forge an environment built on trust.
- Gives regular, actionable feedback.
Qualifications & Skills
[Short Paragraph Highlighting Specific Qualifications / Skills / Experience for The Role]
University Degree along with a specialist logistics and supply chain qualifications preferred.
Approximately 5-10 years’ relevant experience in logistics and supply chain industry.
Advance understanding of operation management, productivity and efficiency.
True field leader, influencer and motivator.
Have a certification in performance improvements and operation excellence would be an advantage
Data and root cause analysis.